April 26, 2011 was by far the best day of my life! I married my best friend in the whole wide world, Jace Nilsson :) I am soooo incredibly blessed to have him for eternity. I am so grateful to have him by my side as we go through everything together. (I will post our story sometime, it is long so I will have to save it for it's own post sometime)
October 15, 2011 was the next best day of my life... I found out I was pregnant!! I still remember looking at the little stick and seeing two pink lines. I thought I was dreaming. We were both sooo excited and sooo grateful. I had quite a bit of morning sickness at the beginning of the pregnancy. I had weird cravings like hot dogs, cranberry grape juice, salty things, and wendy's. Poor Jace would get up in the night when I started feeling sick and get me a drink of juice or yogurt so that I wouldn't throw up. He pretty much went through that pregnancy just as much as I did. He was a saint!! I was so grateful.
After much prayer, we decided we should go back to Missouri for the summer again to do summer sales. It helped us get through a year of school last year, so we felt it would be a smart decision to go back to help us pay for the baby coming. It was a hard decision though because that meant we would be having the baby away from family. Jace drove with his dad and I flew (because I was super pregnant. We got there on our one year anniversary! :) We stayed in a hotel in downtown Kansas City. We went to The Cheesecake Factory and watched a movie. It was a really nice, relaxing way to celebrate our first year together. And yes, that is our wedding cake. I had been storing it in my mom's freezer for the past year and I wrapped it up and took it in my suit case on the plane. To be honest, it was pretty nasty haha we only took one bite each and that was that. It was another great Missouri experience this past summer. Jace is so awesome for working those long days. I have never known a harder worker than him. He works so hard so that I am able to be a full-time mom. I feel sooo very blessed. He is just so amazing!
June 22, 2012 was the next best day of my life. It was the day I gave birth to sweet Amelia Jo Nilsson. She was 7 lbs. 2 oz. and 20 in. long. She was perfect. Jace and I were so overwhelmed with complete joy. She won our hearts over the second we saw her. It was the most spiritual experience I have had thus far in my life. I know that she is a special daughter of God and I am just so grateful that Heavenly Father trusts me to be her mom. I have faith that He will help me. (I will post her birth story sometime soon as well)
Amelia is now 2 months old! She is so much fun! We just love to play with her and stare at her all day. It has been such an amazing learning experience. It is hard, but very rewarding. I still have soooo much to learn. I just hope she will be patient with me :). We love her more than words can describe!
Well, there you have it! The past year and a half. It has been fun. It has been hard. It has been trying. It has been amazing. I am grateful for everything that we have gone through this past year and a half and I can't wait for many more years to come! Here's to blogging! :)


























I like that I know you guys :) let's hang out sometime
ReplyDeleteYAY YAY YAY!!! Times infinity :) so happy you are blogging! This is such a cute first post. It's perfect. I love it! And I love you!! Amelia looks like she is getting so big! She's adorable. Can't wait for the story of you and Jace, even though I know it I'm excited still haha. Also excited for that birth story :) Okay this comment is about as long as your post so I'm going to be done now. Love you!!!!
ReplyDelete